Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It's Fun to Stay at the......

YMCA!  We joined the "Y" tonight.  We took the tour last week, had to wait until payday to get our sweat/swim on though.  I didn't swim.  Need a new suit.  Dread got his basketball on.  Dad and the younger kids enjoyed the slide, the fountains and everything else in the aquatic center.  Family fun that doesn't require food.  Odd concept for me.

We are investing in our future.  A healthier one.  Our kids' future.  Being healthier makes it easier to stay around and be part of our kids' future.  It creates healthy habits in our kids.  It instills a love of being active at a younger age.  Hopefully, they will all grow up being wanna be health nuts.  

I didn't grow up being a health nut.  Or have a love for being active.  Sure, I played softball.  I was a cheerleader for a while.  Activities that involved sweatng....definitely not my first love.  If they were, I wouldn't be a wanna be.  I'd just be a nut.  Changing negative habits is hard.  So hard.  But.....well, there are not buts, it's hard.

I can do this.  I can go from wanna be to just being.  I'm looking forward to my gym time being permanently in my schedule.  It's almost too hard to imagine.  Looking forward to a future that doesn't include putting my health last.  Kind of exciting.  What about looking in a full body mirror and thinking, wow, I am rockin' this little black number.  An odd concept for me but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment