Friday, July 5, 2013

Biting Flies

Safe and happy 4th for everyone?  For us, yes.  All the essentials for a great time.  Really couldn't have asked for more.  Fireworks were beautiful but the bother the cars stopped in a ever streaming bumper to bumper line in front of Uncle's house, SO priceless.  Let me rephrase, bother no, entertain yes.  Already planning our attack, ahummm...firework after party entertainment for next year.  Good times.

Also planning our day after the 4th, become one with nature day, better.  Upper 90's for temps.  First creek we went to looking to play in the water and fish, dry.  Second creek, so shallow, fish were the size of the buttons on my pea coat.  Long drive back through the dessert, sun blazing on my arm and leg, even through the tinted window.  Third and final attempt, the Snake River.  Aha!  Water at last.  Lots of it.  Fish jumping out of the water, big ones I might add.  A seriously loud, crazy buzzing noise.  

We settle in with poles, worms, drinking water, and fun on the brain.  Lucky me, I get stung by a sweat bee within two minutes of being there.  I'm allergic to bees and the allergy meds were back at Uncle's.  Fortunately, it was small enough it that it just hurt like Hades, made my arm go weird, but went away.  Enter my new arch nemesis.  Biting flies.  Oh, how I despise them.  Why do biting/stinging insects think I'm bait?  Super excited to wear sandals the next few days and show off what my ankle biting friends left behind.

Biting flies.  They made me think.  Apparently God knew that biting/stinging insects were going to love me.  He knew that I would sweat like a man and attract them even more.  Biting flies, light bulb moment.  My intense love affair with air conditioning.  My genuine respect for beautiful leather bags and stylish shoes.  My deep attraction to the smell of polished floors and numerous overpowering perfumes wafting out of lowly lit stores with pounding music. 

 I can hang out with the biting flies once in a while.  One with nature on occasion but my allegiance will always be within the air conditioned walls of a shopping mall.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment