Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Food Frenzy

I have totally slacked this week.  I mean seriously.  Not at work.  That's been crazy-chaotic-busy.  But, I LOVE it!  Call me slacker cook this week.  How in the world do I get it all done and eat before 7 (which kills my guts!).

Crockpot??  Not a fan.  Well, Jason isn't anyway.  Freezer cooking?  Freezer isn't big enough.  Definitely need to invest in one.  Convenience food?  Can't stand all the additives.  What to do.

Going to the grocery store will help.  Almost payday thank God!!  I think the key will be filling the fridge with healthy foods that are convenient, easy to prepare, and that don't kill your guts.  Budgeting while shopping?  So hard.

I teach people how to budget their money.  How to avoid impulsivity when shopping.  How to recognize symptoms that trigger impulsive spending.  Why doesn't it work for me?  Because I can't pass up a good sale and sometimes........you just need double stuffed Oreos.  

I gotta scour the net for quick, healthy recipes that don't take hours to cook, hours to prep.  Gotta find things that my other half can tag team with me.  Need to go back to making a menu.  Slacker cook didn't come out near as often with the menu.

On a positive note, found a great pork carnitas recipe that everyone loved.  It was in the crockpot.  Go figure.  


best funny cooking cartoon joke

No comments:

Post a Comment