Friday, July 19, 2013

It's Almost Time

August 20th.  That's day number 1 at school for our three younger kiddos.  They're excited.  They're nervous.  The excitement wins out.  They are ready to buy school supplies.  Don't you just love the smell of school supplies in the fall?  (not fall, not my thought, from my fav. movie You've Got Mail.  You should watch it.)

Am I nervous?  Not this time.  I know they will be in good hands.  I know they will be getting what they need academically that doesn't come so easy at home.  Will they hear/see crud at school we don't want them to be immersed in?  Probably.  But, t.v. would have to go, music other than hymns (I have a strong dislove of hymns.  Just sayin'), classic literature, and on and on.  We don't lack parental involvement in our home.  Can we have honest, open discussions about things that they may question?  Absolutely.  That's our job.  

Love the idea of homeschooling.  Suck at it.  Not exaggerating, just a fact.  I'm ok with it.  I've made my peace with it.  Time to move on.  Actually looking forward to this change.  We've been here before but never with all the cards on the table.  We've never looked at it as the only option and a positive thing.  Gonna be a great year and experience for everyone.  That reminds me, time to start checking out the back to school sales.  Don't you just love the smell of school supplies in the fall??

No comments:

Post a Comment