Sunday, July 7, 2013

Changing Labels

I didn't post yesterday so now I must post two times today to keep up with my personal goal of posting every day.  That sounded redundant.  Oh well.

There will be some page changes on our blog.  Label changes too.  Education is taking on a whole new look at our house.  OK, not totally new as it has been there before.  But new since I started this blog.  Feeling relieved. 

We aren't homeschoolers anymore.  Permanent change.  No going back.  Feels like a burden has been lifted.  The kids are unhappy and being very vocal.  My inner pride, I must do this to be a "good" parent, feeling guilty if I don't, feel validated if I do, feelings have been tossed.  Our kids' well being is at stake.

They've been telling everyone for a week now.  We hadn't made a decision yet.  That tells us something.  Maybe they know what they need and I (yes, me.  Jason (dad) always knew they were better off staying in school but the whole move thing at the end of the school year made us both question.  Ahhhh, I digress)yes, I, need to back off.  Actually, I need to stop questioning my life and my worth and feeling like my worth is tied up in homeschooling.  I think I got that one finally taken care of.  I've told Jason to verbally smack me back to reality if I ever go there again.  He gladly agreed.

 Changing labels.  I'm sure we will have feedback.  Some positive, some negative.  For what it's worth, don't care about the negative.  It's about the kids and what they need.  It's about what we need as a family.  So here it is.  Notus School District will be gaining three new students.  Dislike our district, on the wait list at the charter, so we will drive the 15 minutes to an itty bitty district that is ranked very high in our state.  So worth it.  So relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment