Sunday, June 30, 2013

Yoga Master

Well, "Master" may  not be the correct term for myself at this point.  But, I have found that.....I love yoga.  A lot.  It does something for me.  Actually, it does a lot.  

My favorite yoga app has this saying at the end, "now bring this after yoga feeling to the rest of your day."  Sometimes I get my yoga on at night.  Stayed up too late the night before.  Darn Spelltower app.  But even if it's evening, it does something for me.

I have struggled with being healthy for a large portion of my life.  Can't use "I gained most of it with my first child" since he is now almost 18.  Granted, I did.  I just never lost it and then added more.  Last year, wow, what a year.  I did manage to lose about 68 pounds through all the crazy.  Winter.  Why winter do you have to bring 10 pounds?  Not the gift I wanted.  A whole myriad of emotions with that 10.  

I yoga'd (not sure that is a word) twice today for a total of 70 minutes.  A sense of accomplishment.  Pride.  Sore muscles.  Hope.  Knowing.  See ya 10.  You're not welcome. 

First time in my life I have ever shared this battle.  I think it's time.  Why?  I am winning.  It does something for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment