Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer is Bliss

Check out the website on the bottom of this pic.  LOTS of helpful info!
Is it sad to say that I am SO thankful it is summer and we don't homeschool year round??  Don't get me wrong, I truly love homeschooling our kiddos but summer time makes me smile.  

No giving up "me time" on Sunday evening to get lessons ready.  No worrying about whether or not the kids are actually getting their lessons done while I am at work.  No flexing my schedule to accommodate field trips with weird hours.  

Homeschooling and working outside of the home has challenges.  Wanna know what the biggest challenge is?  Homeschoolers that judge us because I work.  I get sick of hearing it's ok for moms to work if it's a money issue.  I may have started for a money issue but I LOVE my job and have no desire to quit.  Why can't I have both?  Love my career, love homeschooling and I have the best of both worlds!

Life is good for all when mama is happy.  My job makes me smile.  There are days when my kids ask me to go to work.  They need the break.  I need the break.  Make me a crappy homeschool parent?  I dare anyone to say that to me, although I know for a fact I'm judged for it by some.  Oh well, kids are happy and mama and daddy are doing a happy dance with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment