Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Where Did it Go?

Talking about time.  Mr. Dread head turned 18 on Sunday.  As I looked through pictures to pull out and share with family and friends, I was transported to another time.  My trip down memory lane was filled with so many emotions.

Jason and I were kids (18 is definitely a kid in my book.  No wonder my parents freaked when Jason and I said we were getting married!) when baby made three.  Didn't have a clue what we were doing.  Weren't even sure how to be adults.  But somehow, we made it.  God's grace for sure.  

We always told Mr. Dread we were so sorry that he was basically a guinea pig.  We had never been parents so we were testing it out on him.  He always said he didn't mind.  But sometimes, I'm not so sure.  We were pretty wobbly here and there.  But somehow, we made it.

I almost lost my life bringing Mr. Dread into this world.  I didn't want to die but my body was saying and doing other things.  God's grace kept me here.  Funny how you fight to live but if Mr. Dread needed it, I would gladly lay down my life for him.  I love him that much.  Ditto for dad.  

We have held his hand through numerous skinned knees and bee stings.  We have cheered him on while he raced BMX and rode bulls.  We have been mesmerized by his amazing ability to create emotion and deep feeling with his music.  We are continually amazed that God felt us worthy of such an amazing young man.  The bond with our first born runs deeper each day as we experience the different phases of life together.  

Mr. Dread, you are a blessing given to us by God's grace and you truly make us proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment