Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Consistency.....I love it!



I cannot tell you how much better my life feels when I have consistency.  Yes, I have a job with a flexible schedule and it is rarely the same every week but today...my life got a bit more consistent.  Ok, a lot.

Our three younger kids all finished their first day of school.  It was a grand success.  Yes, I know.  Honeymoon period, always.  But, even after the honeymoon period, I have a feeling that we have found our "school" home.  No tears, no anxiety, no feeling out of place.  Really, the best first day ever.  Consistency.  Lovin' this feeling.

Now that the kids are in school again, there is consistency in routine.  Love this.  The kids thrive in this.  Mr. Smooth, functions on a whole new level with this.  My life, even with my chaotic schedule, feels steady.  Level.  I've missed this.  I didn't really realize just how much I've missed this.  

I've always thought I was a spontaneous kind of gal.  And in some ways, I think I still am.  But in daily life, I'm a consistent kind of girl now.  So weird how things change as you get older.  Maybe it's the having kids part.  Maybe it's just the fact that I'm older.  Nah, I don't like the sound of that because I don't feel that.  Wiser?  Yes.  Older?  Only in body.  

As we settle into this routine and get even more consistent in this whole crazy life thing, I'm pretty excited about the fact that workout time will be consistent.  Bed time for the kids, on time.  Dinner time, at a reasonable hour.  The more I think of, the more excited about this I get.  Best part of it all, everyone benefits.  Definitely wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment