Monday, August 12, 2013

Elliptical Master


 

So I already told everyone we joined the Y.  I haven't been the yoga master for a couple of weeks.  Just haven't felt it.  I have a new title.  Elliptical master.  The Elliptical and I become one but in the end....I'm the master.

Tonight's workout...gonna feel it in the morning.  I burned 617.4 calories.  Stoked.  I feel amazing.  I worked my tail off.  Not literally but I wish.  But I did feel amazing.  It became this very weird and crazy challenge and I was determined to be the winner, even though the Elliptical can't fight back.  Light bulb.  I was fighting against me.  Old me.  The one that creeps back in and decides that being healthy doesn't really matter to me.

It matters.  I want to be the master of not just the Elliptical but of my body.  Hardest thing I have ever done.  But, I'm winning.  Slow but sure.  I always thought people were nuts that that were addicted to working out.  I can see how easily that could happen after today's workout.  I didn't want to stop.  I wanted to keep seeing that calorie counter get higher and higher.  If I would have had time, I would have went for 1K in cals.  

Tomorrow is another day.  My body and my mind/heart will be in a battle to the death.  My mind and heart are going to win.  Unhealthy body, see ya.  Doubt me?  You forget, I'm the Elliptical master.

No comments:

Post a Comment