Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's Over!



The week that is.  Well, the work week anyway.  I'm glad the week isn't over.  It's date night with my man.  I so look forward to these times.  It's been a while and I've missed him.

Jason works crazy hours in the summer.  I work a lot.  He's ready for bed by 8 as he gets up so early.  Doesn't work for me.  I'm more of a 12:30 kind of girl.  My hour or two a day isn't enough.  I like him too much for that.  You could say, I'm infatuated.  Still.  After almost 19 years, he gives me butterflies.

Date night is so important.  Another thing I used to feel guilty about.  Not anymore.  If Jason and I don't have a healthy, connected relationship, we can't be what our kids need us to be.  We need this time without kiddo interruption because guess what, we were "us" before kids came along.  Actually, not for long as Mr. Dread came along 9 months after we were married but......I digress. 

I love spending time as just "us".  We don't get to do it often but when we do, we do it well.  We eat what we like and it doesn't usually have a stand in line and order and get your food feel.  We only see non-kid movies if that's on the agenda.  We hang out with other adults, have adult conversation, and go to adult places.  It's five hours of bliss.  Yes, we have long dates.  Gotta when you don't get to do it often.

Don't get me wrong, we love our kids, more than life itself, but we need this time.  And, you know what, I think lots of people need it but don't do it.  I think couples would be happier, healthier, and more connected if they took time to just hang out as "us" instead of "the fam".  If they could do it without guilt that is.  Guilt ruins a lot of things.  Especially the mood on a date!  Not gonna happen to me tonight because I've missed him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment