Friday, July 31, 2015

My Top 3 Reasons for...


Our next house not being in the country
  1.  Maintaining a swimming pool costs you an arm and a leg because all of
       nature's cast offs end up in the water and screw up the balance.  
  2.  Busy country road = no bueno for riding your bikes anywhere
  3.  Walking to the store can be hazardous to your health (see #2).

I'll take this one!


Being thankful that our kids are getting older
  1.  Date night.  Happens way more often now that they aren't wee ones.
  2.  They are much more "convenient".  If we want to go somewhere drop of
       a hat, we tell everyone to get in the car and we go.  No extra clothes, no
       extra luggage, we just go. 
  3.  All of them know how to read.  I have a love hate relationship with teaching
       kids how to read.

Not being a helicopter mom
  1.  I'm just not that motivated.  Seriously.  
  2.  They gotta make mistakes at some point and thank God they know they
       can talk to me about them.
  3.  I want them to be their own person.


Being myself
  1.  I could say all the above things and not feel guilty or worry about what
       others think.
  2.  I kind of actually like the real me. 
  3.  I'm not a pretender searching for myself anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment